Updated February 22, 2019
Farmers Markets (the “app”) is owned, operated, and maintained by John Chamberlain (“us”, “we”, “our”). We respect your right to privacy and share your concern about the privacy and security of any data that may be accessed by Farmers Markets.
Use of Location Information
Farmers Markets allows you to choose between two levels of location information usage: Never or While Using the App.
When the app is granted “While Using” permission, Farmers Markets uses your foreground device location to provide the following functionality:
- Display the distance from your current location to each farmers market on the list or map.
- Sort the farmers market list by distance.
- Display your current location on the map (i.e. – the blue dot).
- Center the map on your current location when you tap the GPS button.
- Your foreground location will be sent to advertising partner(s) when requesting ads to display in the app. Location is not sent to advertising partner(s) in the EU.
Collection of Information
Farmers Markets may collect device and usage data that may include:
- Device make, model, operating system, locale, time zone, country code, and similar device information.
- Information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device.
Device and usage data collected by Farmers Markets is anonymous and not tied to any personally identifiable information.
Use of Information
Information collected by Farmers Markets is only used to serve advertising.
We may use the information collected in various ways, such as:
- Calculate aggregate, anonymous usage metrics and analytics to improve the app and prioritize new features.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities within the app.
- Troubleshoot support requests.
- Provide you with interest-based and/or location-based advertisements.
Sharing of Information
While you are using the app, depending on your privacy settings in the iOS Settings app, the following information may be shared with advertising partner(s) to provide you with interest-based and/or location-based advertisements:
- Advertising Identifier
- Foreground Location
- Device and Usage Data
Farmers Markets does not access the advertising identifier for any other purpose, nor does it share the advertising identifier with any other third parties.
Farmers Markets uses the following third-party Analytics Services to analyze app performance and improve the app: Crashlytics, Fabric, and Firebase.
Anonymous device information and usage data is sent to these analytics services and stored on their servers in accordance with their respective terms of service and privacy policies.
- Crashlytics and Fabric: https://fabric.io/terms
- Firebase: https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy/
Farmers Markets does not otherwise share any information with third parties.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The Farmers Markets push notification service runs on AWS servers located in the United States. We use AWS Analytics for analysis and improvement of server-side performance. AWS servers and the analytics service may capture user IP Addresses and other technical data related to API requests. We do not share this data or the IP Addresses with any third parties, nor are they used for any purpose other than to improve the server components of the app.
You can opt out of interest-based advertising by using the iOS Settings app to turn on Limit Ad Tracking:
- Open the iOS Settings app
- Tap on Privacy
- Tap on Advertising
- Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
You can opt out of location-based advertising by using the iOS Settings app to turn off Location Services for the Farmers Markets app:
- Open the iOS Settings app
- Tap on Privacy
- Tap on Location Services
- Find Farmers Markets in the list of apps and tap on it
- Choose your desired level of location access: Never or While Using the App
Be advised that turning off Location Services will disable some functionality of the Farmers Markets app.
We encourage you to learn more about your privacy options related to interest-based and location-based advertising.
- For information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your usage information used for certain interest-based advertising purposes, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- The iOS Settings app gives you options to limit interest-based and/or location-based advertising. For more information, refer to this Apple Support page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
Email and Support Requests
If you send a support request via the Contact Developer feature in Farmers Markets, we will only use your email address for replying to your request. We do not share it with third-parties.
To help troubleshoot the problems you may be experiencing with Farmers Markets, the following information about your device and app usage is appended to the bottom of the email message:
- Farmers Markets Build Number
If you prefer not to share this information then you can take the following actions:
- Delete the information from the body of the email; or
- Do not use the Email Support feature.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target our app to children under 13.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to instruct their children to never provide any personal data to any app or website without their permission.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Farmers Markets complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
GDPR Notice for Customers in the European Union
By using Farmers Markets, you authorize us to collect, use, and store your device data, usage data, and push notification settings on servers located outside of the European Union.
International Transfers of Information
Information may be processed, stored, and used outside of the country in which you are located. Data privacy laws vary across jurisdictions, and different laws may be applicable to your data depending on where it is processed, stored, or used.
If you have any questions or concerns that aren’t answered here, please contact us via: http://silverballapps.com/contact/